This morning I happened to get a Phishing message from the contact form on this website. It was carefully crafted and was devised to obtain routing and bank information to most certainly relieve us of any and all funds in the account. When I went to investigate the site, I quickly learned that it had already been removed from the dns records of the hosting provider – precisely what I had intended to inform them of. Someone had already reacted to this would be phisher and stopped them in their tracks. This is always nice to see because often times when we do something as a responsible netizen administrators of websites and hosting companies lack the resources to respond and address the threats.
You are here: / / Phisher Shutdown
- Welcome to my horribly neglected Blog
- It’s Time for Email 2.0
- The Value of Testing Things to the Breaking Point
- Tools for Personal Information Security
- A Powerful Tool to Keep You Safe Online – Sandboxie
- Where are we most vulnerable online?
- Personal Information Security Redux Part 1 of 4
- See Who Owns Your Local Politician