In early September I had the honor to interview an extremely intelligent and savvy guest – Juliette Powell. Juliette is the author of 33 Million People in the Room, Co-Founder of the Gathering Think Tank and frequent keynote speaker. Her clients include Nokia, Cirque du Soleil, E! Entertainment Television and Research in Motion.
Some things you will learn listening to this podcast:
- Learn why she wrote her first book.
- How she learned to be a great public speaker without classes.
- Her experiences as a television interviewer and producer.
- How allergies changed her course from database programming to Finance and Int’l Business.
- Who two of her most inspirational figures are in her life.
- Why getting out to conferences and meetups is mandatory.
- Some advice for brands about transparency and digital media.
- The importance of sharing your Twitter handle when you speak.
- How to get a free copy of her book.
Listen to the episode:[audio:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/joehackman/2010/09/07/juliette-powell–author-of-33-million-people-in-th.mp3?localembed=download]
Juliette Powell Quotes
On Public Speaking:
“The more you know your subject matter, the more comfortable you will be.”
“Every moment of every day we have the opportunity to learn something.”
On (Nelson Mandella’s) Leadership:
“Leading by what you believe in as opposed to what you’re just saying.”