I started following some guy on Twitter earlier this year who called himself “TheManwife”. He seemed to be a pretty funny guy and I wanted to learn more about his story and thought it might interest others as well. I invited him to be interviewed on my Podcast on Blogtalkradio and he agreed. What ensued was a very diverse conversation with a normal guy from Boston, living in New Mexico making the best of a employment challenged situation. Some of the interesting things that came out of the discussion:
- It’s not cool to drive a mini-van.
- When you’re the man wife people respond when you ask questions like “why am I so cool?”.
- His followers provide better jokes than he does.
- He made “periwinkle” trend for 5 minutes on Twitter.
- He watches Lifetime Television for Women (for the “crappy” Titles).
- Reads Quantum Physics Books.
- German’s love aliens.
- He’s the man wife because Mr Mom was already taken.
- They have Road Runners at the zoo in New Mexico.
- Gary Vaynerchuck is going to do an episode about Recession Wines next week for David
and Gary is a good sport:
Listen to the episode while you read on:
David Kaa Allstar Quotes :
“When you’re not working pants are just like the days of the week, they’re not necessary.“
“I’m actually more of a Lifetime Television type of Guy.“
Exclusive! David’s book:
David is working on a book based on Twitter, that will be a completely social media driven book. It is expected to be released in 2011.
Where to find David
Check out his question of the day #manwife
The Manwife’s Twitter Recommendations
I like to ask my guests who some of the “lesser known” people that we are probably not already following that we should check out. Here are the man wifes suggestions. (By the way I keep a complete list on Twitter of “Recommended by Friends” Tweeple)
If you’re listed here and have a blog you’d like me to link to, please leave it in the comments below.
Listeners, what was the funniest thing you heard during the interview?