Today while exchanging some tweets with @simbeckhampson I recognized that my social media and web footprint has evolved over time and in the process different tools have been useful for different things:
- Facebook is where most of my real life friends are. I also find it more personal interaction wise.
- I get news from Twitter, share news and interesting info. More informal interaction wise.
- Blogtalkradio has opened up a nice niche for conversations with interesting people.
- Cinchcast – I love to call in and get ideas out while driving then I share it later.
- Youtube – I am big on screencasts and moving towards more personal messages (videos of me mixed in)
- Amplify – I am making new friends, sharing more what I am reading more and selectively share to FB, Twitter, etc.
These aren’t all the tools I use, for me the key is really the data that comes in via Email. I need to re-evaluate my use of Google Reader and RSS also for incoming information. Here is the podcast that was inspired by my conversations with Paul: