Last week I had not scheduled a guest for Wednesday’s Podcast. I have been making an effort to be more consistent in both blogging and my podcast in particular recently. I decided to post on Twitter, Facebook and Amplify looking for impromptu guests. In the past I was able to rally some previous hosts and friends to join me for last minute episodes like this. Fortunately a very interesting guest emerged Charlie McHenry. Charlie is the Chief Operating Officer and Marketing guy for Trilobyte Games. They are currently working on porting 7th Guest to the iPhone platform. That name may sound familar to you but the cover art in the image to the above right will perhaps be even more so.
Some things you will learn listening to this podcast:
- An excellent walk through technology and gaming history.
- Some interesting information about porting old games to the iPhone.
- How an “old guy in a suit” evolves their marketing approach over three decades.
- How many small tools from years ago ultimately became integrated into operating systems.
- How software that is late can kill a company.
- Exclusive – a prequel for 7th Guest may also be in the works.
Listen to the episode:[audio:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/joehackman/2010/11/18/completely-impromptu-episode-serendipity-here-we-come.mp3?localembed=download]
Charlie McHenry Quotes:
On the future of the gaming model:
“We’re fascinated with things like Geo-location and the possibilities that that brings to say the puzzle space in the gaming world.”
On marketing in a technology:
“We launched our reorganized business and made the announcement of our return on the social networks.”
On the impact of gaming on technology:
“History is going to record that gaming and gamers had a huge impact on the marketplace in several different ways on a bunch of different levels.”