If you’ve followed me for a while you probably now I am sort of a throw everything at the wall and see what sticks kind of guy when it comes to web 2.0 and social media. I’ve tried all kinds of different services, honestly I’ve lost track. I only stick to the ones that seem worth continuing. One of my long term commitments has been YouTube.
One of the really nice things about Youtube is the Insights module, you can really see a lot of information including:
- Total views of all of your videos
- Date ranges of views
- Where geographically your videos are most popular
- Which videos are getting the line share of views
- How long your videos keep peoples attention
- A nice “at a glance” graph of recent days views
- Demographics of your viewers
- Where your viewers discover your videos
- Engagement or which videos are most commented on
- Subscription figures
That is a long list and it’s not even complete, for purposes of this article I am going to focus on demographics. Specifically Joesgonesocial needs women. What? Just look:
Come on ladies, can you help me out here? Joking aside it makes sense. My most popular posts are about Windows 7 and Android apps:
This is not to say that women don’t like those things, but I think in general they are more guy friendly. In my defense I have seen the female % go as high as 38% a few times, this number was so low that it compelled me to blog about it and grovel a bit. I am hoping with some of my female readers help I can turn that sinking ship around, what do you say ladies?
Here is a screen cast I recorded on Insights while putting this article together.