I recently received a newsletter from our defragmentation software partner Diskeeper and it provided me with reminders of compelling reasons to use their software. In light of all the cutbacks people are making in spending it is important to remind ourselves there are reasons to invest money in software that optimize our computing systems. Here is the text of that newsletter:
Diskeeper: Indispensable – 5 Reasons Why
Diskeeper is well documented as an INDISPENSABLE value to every system.
Our customers tell us they won’t run their networks without Diskeeper, here’s why:
1. Maximum speed. Hands down, the slowest link in the performance chain is the hard disk. Fragmentation turns the disk into a major speed bump and lowers the perceived value of the systems and applications you sell.
- 20% + faster performance
- Zero fragmentation bottlenecks
- Fast boot times
- Fast file access
- Fast backups
- Fast AV scans
2. Rock solid reliability. The many fragmentation related time outs, freezes and crashes can seem to be the system’s fault. Diskeeper eliminates the underlying cause of many performance issues and adds real value to every system and application you sell.
- No frag-related slows, hangs, freezes and crashes
- Cuts Help Desk traffic
- Increases up time
- Zero resource conflicts
- Allows system to run at peak speed during heavy traffic
3. Extends system life. Because Diskeeper eliminates excessive I/O due to fragmentation, hard disks last longer and systems run at top performance levels beyond normal life expectancy. This allows your customers to buy more hardware and applications for expansion and not bogging down into break-fix upgrades.
- Extends system life – 1 to 3 years!
- Fewer upgrades needed
- Fast ROI in weeks
4. Energy efficient. Diskeeper requires a bare minimum of energy but because of the way it manages defragmentation operations, it makes the entire system it’s on much more energy efficient. Green to the core of the infrastructure
- Supports green initiatives through reduced consumption
- Saves .12 kilowatts per hour on each desktop, much more for servers.
5. Robust, and completely invisible. Thanks to InvisiTasking® technology, Diskeeper runs as a background process with zero active system resource conflicts. As a result, servers, workstations and laptops are free to operate at top speeds and full productivity without fragmentation slows. Eliminates fragmentation and keeps it from accumulating, even on 24/7 mission critical machines that can’t be taken off line without impacting productivity.
- Schedule-free operation
- Allows consistent peak performance