You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~Winston Churchill
I planned a debate with Gini Dietrich and Danny Brown over polarizing blog posts and online enemies. While researching the episode I realized I agreed with Gini and Danny more than I had realized. I am sure one day I will get the opportunity to debate with them about something. In the discussion we addressed the concept of online enemies but more specifically how both guests as bloggers and netizens really feel about these issues. Both guests are very passionate and well intended, they did have different approaches but there were a few great take aways:
- Don’t be afraid to challenge ideas.
- Focus on the ideas you dislike not the purveyors of the ideas.
- Be willing to learn from discourse and change.
- It’s a good practice to notify those whose ideas your are challenging.
- It can really be a challenge to keep post comments “on the rails” (on topic) when challenging ideas. (Proceed with caution)
Browser or RSS Reader doesn’t support flash? Download/Listen to this episode