Today’s update is going to be quick, and you’ll see why. Today we drove from Coalinga, CA to Santee, CA, through LA on a Friday, HAHAHA. The trip started at 8:30 AM, and we arrived at close to 7 PM in Santee. What the heck were we thinking? Oh, that’s right, our trip was delayed a week; we weren’t thinking we were adjusting. Anyway, some takeaways from today:
- Don’t drive through LA on a Friday (or avoid it altogether, even better).
- Know that it takes up to 24 hours for a Dish receiver to activate (do it more than 24 hours before the World Cup match you want to watch).
- Android phones can and will overheat if you’re tethering and navigating at the same time.
- When Android phones overheat and shutdown, certain apps lose their configuration.
- Kids make friends in 20 seconds or less most of the time, especially if they both own RC cars.
- Cheap Merlot pairs nicely with popcorn. (Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it!) $6 Costco Blackstone FTW.
I feel bad because my Dropbox sync for my photographs didn’t work today, and I am too tired to look at it now. I think it has to do with my phone over-heating. Anyway, you know what else was tired? This guy (from yesterday, check out the ghosting on the open window, wild):
I am going to try to blog every day during this trip, time permitting. Tomorrow we’ll be meeting some friends in La Jolla, and I’ll be finding myself a taco shop to get some rolled tacos, or a burrito or something else; man, I miss San Diego Taco shop food. 🙂