I was asked to give some tips in ten minutes to my Rotary Club on how to use Social Media more effectively. The average member might access Facebook casually and has limited time for Social Media involvement. After looking at their situation I came up with this presentation and delivered it this morning. It is a quick read but the suggestions I made could easily be applied to any business or cause.
In my day to day travels both personally and professionally I am often encouraging people to check out and use certain social media sites and blogs. When I mention RSS it seems like a lot of my audience drops off comprehension wise. In response to this I’ve come up with a video that your parents could use to understand and use RSS and more specifically Google Reader. The video will get into detail but it will be useful for people who:
- Might want to get updated content from certain web and blog sites.
- Like to organize all of their media content in one place when possible.
- Don’t know what RSS is but would like to be able to explain it to others.
- Want to learn more about blogging and how the content gets delivered.
- Have an interest in Feedburner for promoting their blog and RSS feed.